Monday, August 1, 2011

As free as a bird, I wish to be.

   I just recently graduated from highschool. Well, sort of. I was in the GED program at my local college. I passed the GED test in April (2011) and participated in the GED Graduation Ceremony on July 14th, 2011.
  I was given a graduation present by one of my co-workers. It's a small little pocket book. "Blessings For You, Graduate" is what it's called. It's just full of inspiring quotes. About life and what to do or how to do and the like.
  I am going to, for the most part, every day share a quote from the book, and then write out my thoughts on that quote.

  But today, in this post, I just want to introduce myself. Let you know a little about me.

  My name is Karianne Henderson. Everybody spells my name wrong, or they *think* that it's "so hard to pronounce" so they shorten it. "Kari". Well, I absolutely hate being called Kari. I'm not exactly sure why, but I just don't like it. You can't shorten my name. You just can't. I wont reply to you if you call me Kari. D: I just don't like it. Karianne (Carrie Ann) it's really not that hard.
-cough- Anyway. Enough of that.

  I am 20 years old. My birthday is October 8th, 1990 (Exactly seven days after Charlie McDonnell. I just thought that was cool). I was born in Florida, raised in Mississippi.

  The list of all the things I can do, have done, and are able to do is A LOT shorter than the list of things I can't do, have never done, and aren't able to do.

  I've always just wanted to go places. To any places. Anywhere. I just want to travel. I've always, for as long as I can remember, wanted to buy 8678454668978567 AA batteries, buy a laptop, and just go EVERYWHERE and take pictures of EVERYTHING. But I have just never been able to do so.

  I'm so scared to go places by myself, but no one wants to go anywhere with me. So I'm going to have to either get over/face my fear of being alone, or just get over the fact that I'm going to be stuck in this small town in Mississippi forever.

 I wish I were a bird. Or have the magical power to turn into a bird. So I can just fly away. And be free. Birds are the freest of animals. I am beyond jealous of birds. I want the freedom of a bird.


  It's time for me to go to work now.
Thanks for reading.
You now know a wee bit of me.
I hope you enjoyed reading.

"Adios til next time." - Myles Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment